We lead the movement to end hunger through advocacy, volunteerism and healthy food for all. We nourish community.
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center envisions a community that embraces food justice, where:
- everyone is food secure;
- those most impacted are a leading voice in the solutions to poverty and hunger;
- no one feels shame or experiences stigma when asking for help;
- every child is nourished and has an equal opportunity to learn, grow and succeed;
- every senior has access to the food they need to age with dignity regardless of mobility, transportation or health barriers;
- social safety net programs are recognized as part of the solution;
- everyone can afford their basic needs
- We respect and treat every person with dignity, empathy and equity.
- We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic right of every person.
- We respect the concept of customer choice in the selection of available food.
- We provide compassionate service that is proactive, innovative, and collaborative.
- We are excellent stewards of our resources.
- We act with openness, integrity and accountability.
- We advocate for solutions to hunger.
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center respectfully acknowledges that we are on the traditional and ancestral territory of the Séliš (Salish) and QÌispé (upper Kalispel or Pend d’Oreille) People, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.