Our mission is to lead the movement to end hunger in our community through activism, volunteerism and healthy food for all.
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center envisions a community that works together in building a hunger-free Missoula where:
- everyone has regular access to nutritious food;
- every working household is food secure and can afford their basic needs;
- every child is nourished and has an equal opportunity to learn, grow and succeed;
- every senior has access to the food they need to age with dignity regardless of mobility, transportation or health barriers;
- no one feels shame or experiences stigma when asking for help;
- all those who need social safety net programs have access and participate;
- no good food goes to waste; and
- those most impacted are a leading voice in the solutions to poverty and hunger.
- We respect and treat every person with dignity, empathy and equity.
- We believe that access to nutritious food is a basic right of every person.
- We respect the concept of client choice in the selection of available food.
- We provide compassionate service that is proactive, innovative, and collaborative.
- We believe that we must be excellent stewards of our resources.
- We act with openness, integrity and accountability.
- We actively advocate for solutions to hunger.