2020 GRIZ TOTAL: 671,707.90 LBS & $$$
2020 BOBCAT TOTAL: 403,185 LBS & $$$
1,074,892.90 for our communities
Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
Friday, November 6 – Friday, November 20th at 7:30 pm
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Donation Drop Off Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am – 7pm
Wednesday, Friday: 8am – 1pm
Please drop off donations at our back alley donation door.
Now in our 21st year, the annual Can the Cats Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field food drive competition between UM & the Missoula community and MSU & the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds for our local communities. All donations collected in the Missoula area during this two-week food drive competition stay local and help stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center and the University of Montana Food Pantry.
This year is so different. Our local Food Bank is serving more people than ever before and many families are utilizing our emergency food services for the very first time. Because of the pandemic, most of our major food drives have been cancelled this year so far. Now, more than ever before, we are counting on our community to put food on the tables of our friends & neighbors and out raise the Bobcats in this important food drive competition.
In 2019, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 421,859 collective food & funds for our local Food Bank! Help us nourish our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity in our community this year and help us CAN the MSU Bobcats off the field!
ways you can help:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St.) or any Can the Cats donation drop spot listed below between November 6-20, 2020.
- Host a Food Drive!
- The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace.
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Click here to donate online now! Checks can be made out to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations also accepted.
- Spread the Word!
- Follow us on Facebook. Share our posts & events. Invite & challenge your friends!
Calendar of Events
More info coming soon!
- Friday, November 6th: CAN THE CATS KICK OFF!
- Friday, November 6th – 20th: $10,000 MATCH Opportunity for Clearwater Credit Union Members!
- Clearwater is offering their members an exciting $10,000 donation match! Give them a call at (406) 523-3300 to make a donation from your Clearwater account to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center during the contest period (Nov. 6-20, 2020), and we’ll match donations from our members up to $10,000! Members can also make donations in person at any of their branches but please note that branch lobbies remain closed and by appointment only due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- Friday, November 6th • 10 am – 7 pm: Shop with your Pet at Southgate Mall
- We invite you to bring your four-legged friend for an extra-special shopping excursion. While you visit get a FREE Griz pet bandana when you make a purchase at any Southgate Mall store*. All well-behaved and fully vaccinated pets on-leash are welcome. Bring nonperishable food donations to Clock Court for the Can the Cats Kickoff! Click here to learn more.
- Saturday, November 7th – Sunday, November 8th: Can the Cats Amateur eSports Invitational!
- Griz eSports is partnering with the Missoula Food Bank to host the first ever Can the Cats Amateur Invitational! This brawl will be a League of Legends tournament inviting local businesses and communities around Missoula to participate. The tournament will take place Nov 7th and 8th. We will also be hosting several other games throughout the Can the Cats drive like Rocket League, Apex Legends, and of course an exhibition match between UM and MSU! For more information, or to register your company or group of friends for a team, please contact Cale Patenaude at email@example.com.
- Monday, November 9th • 12 pm: Virtual Visit with the E.D.
Join us for a Virtual Visit with our Executive Director Aaron Brock where we’ll share updates on our programs and services, hear about the changes we’ve made since the start of COVID-19 and get a behind the scenes look at our current operations at MFB&CC. Sign up at https://bit.ly/3jPdPOQ to register for one (or both) of our Virtual Visit dates on Monday, November 9th from 12-12:30pm or Thursday, November 19th from 5:30-6pm. The Login link will be emailed to the address with which you register the morning of the event.
- Tuesday, November 10th • 12 – 6 pm: Stuff the Truck with a $15K Match Opportunity!
- $15K Match Opportunity! Help Stuff the Food Bank Truck in our local food bank’s parking lot at 1720 Wyoming Street. All food and cash donations delivered on 11/10 and donated online will be matched up to $15,000 to help CAN the MSU Bobcats! On Tuesday, Nov. 10, donate online here.
- Saturday, November 14th • 3 pm: eSports Griz vs. Cat “Brawl of the Wild”
- eSports will host a virtual tournament between UM and MSU with their JV and Varsity teams playing against one another in League of Legends. It will be a rematch from last year where the Griz took the first head-to-head, and the Bobcats won the second. The JV match will begin at 3:00 PM and is the best of one match. The Varsity teams will compete at 4:00 pm in a best of three match up. All matches will be streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/grizzlyesportsum.
- Sunday, November 15th • 12 – 4 pm: U-District Food Drive with UM Fraternity & Sorority Involvement
Our friends though the University of Montana Fraternity and Sorority Involvement will be collecting unopened, non-perishable food donations to help us Can the MSU Bobcats this year. U-District residents can place food donations in a bag near a front door of your home for contact-less pick up on Sunday, November 15th. Please have donations set out by 12pm for pick up between 12-4pm.
- Friday, November 20th • 8 am – 7:30 pm: WEIGH IN DAY at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donation door (1720 Wyoming Street)
- Please bring all donations to the back alley donation door at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St) between 8am and 7pm. If you are a business or organization dropping off donations, please give us a heads up as to what time you plan to arrive by signing up for a time at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094EA5A92AA7F49-weigh.
Donation Drop SPOTS
Community Drop Spots
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Albertson’s – All Missoula Locations
- Clearwater Credit Union
- Clearwater is offering their members an exciting $10,000 donation match! Give them a call at 406-523-3300 to make a donation from your Clearwater account for Missoula Food Bank & Community Center during the contest period (Nov. 6-20, 2020), and they’ll match donations from their members up to $10,000! Members can also make donations in person at any of their branches, but please note that branch lobbies remain closed and by appointment only due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- The Peak Health & Wellness – All Missoula Locations
- Missoula Organization of REALTORS
- Residence Inn Missoula Downtown
- Missoula YMCA
- Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air at the Missoula International Airport
- Athleta at Southgate Mall
- CS Porter Middle School
- Community members can drop off donations T-F from 8am-3pm in the main entrance’s vestibule.
- Horizon Credit Union – All Missoula Locations
- Boone Karlberg, P.C.
- Dram Shop Downtown & Central
- PureWest Christie’s Real Estate
- Karl Tyler Chevrolet
- Brio Fitness
- Old Sawmill District
- WGM Group
- Stockman Bank – All Missoula Locations
- Target Range School
- PEAK Health and Wellness
- Southgate Mall
- Apricot Lane Boutique at Southgate Mall
- The Missoulian
University of Montana Drop Spots
- UM Food Pantry
- 1st Floor University Center Atrium
- University Center Game Room (Esports Hub)
- Branch Center
- Residence Hall Lobbies
- Office of the President / Main Hall
- UM Bookstore
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- Missoula College
- University Center Game Room (eSports Hub)
- Iron Griz
- The Market
- Food Zoo
- Food Court
- Rise + Rooted
- Think Tank
- UM Bookstore
Download & share the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- 8.5×11″ CTC 2020 Poster
- 8.5×11″ Donate Here Sign
Thank you to our 2019 partners!
Questions? Looking to get involved? Contact Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Events & Marketing Coordinator Amanda Ceaser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.549.0543, ext. 214 .
Thank you for helping us nourish our community!