Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
November 3 – 17, 2018
GRIZZLY GOAL: 406,000 LBS
#406K #montanastrong #catsoup #canthecats
DONATE NOW! <– Check back on Nov. 3 for a live link to donate to this drive!
The annual Can the Cats / Can the Griz Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field competition between UM and the Missoula community and MSU and the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds over the two week period leading up to the Brawl of the Wild football game. All food donations collected in the Missoula area during this two week food drive competition stays local and helps stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center.
In 2017, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 394,078 lbs of food/funds for our local Food Bank! The Griz won! This was the closest competition in Can the Cats/Griz history and we are excited for another win in 2018.
3 ways you can help Can the MSU Bobcats:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St.) or any Can the Cats donation drop location (coming soon).
- Host a Food Drive!
- In 2017, our local Food Bank served 1 in 5 people in Missoula County. The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- Spread the Word!
- Follow us on Facebook. Share our posts & events.
Calendar of Events
- Saturday, Nov. 3rd: Can the Cats Kick-off! | GRIZ vs. S. Utah (away)
- Wednesday, Nov. 7th: Noodles & Company Fundraiser | 4 – 9 pm | Show a printed or digital version of the event flyer so our local Food Bank receives 30% of your evening’s purchase.
- Friday, Nov. 9th: Media Day at MFCU on Brooks | 4 – 6 pm | Missoula Federal Credit Union (3600 Brooks St.)
- Saturday, Nov. 10th: Griz vs. Idaho (away)
- Sunday, Nov. 11th: Cranksgiving with Pedal Missoula | Hop on your bicycle for a local food drive collection ride
- Tuesday, Nov. 13th: Painting with a Twist
- Wednesday, Nov. 14th: Kettlehouse UNite Pint Night | 5 – 8 pm | $1 of every pint purchased benefits our local Food Bank!
- Thursday, Nov. 15th: MOD Pizza Fundraiser | 10:30 am – 10 pm | Show a printed or digital version of the event flyer so our local Food Bank receives 20% of your evening’s purchase.
- Friday, Nov. 16th: WEIGH IN DAY! | 8 am – 3 pm | Bring all food donations to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center today to count for Can the Cats!
- Saturday, Nov. 17th: Brawl of the Wild! Bring it to the home game at UM! This is the last chance to help can the MSU Bobcats. Donations will be collected at all entrances to the game today. Final totals will be counted and announced at halftime.
Donation Drop Locations
Drop location information coming soon!
Download, share and utilize the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- Donation Bin Sign 8.5″ x 11″
- Donation Bin Sign 11″ x 17″
- White Donate Here + Website 8.5″ x 11″
- White Donate Here + Website 11″ x 17″
- 3 Ways You Can Help Flyer
Thank you to our sponsors!
2018 Sponsor list coming soon!