Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
November 9 – 23, 2019 • Grizzly Goal: 406,000 LBS
Now in our 20th year, the annual Can the Cats Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field food drive competition between UM & the Missoula community and MSU & the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds over the two-weeks leading up to the Brawl of the Wild football game. In 2018, 1 in 5 people in Missoula County utilized our local food bank. All donations collected in the Missoula area during this two-week food drive competition stay local and help stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center.
In 2018, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 404,897 collective food & funds for our local Food Bank! Help us meet our 2019 goal of 406,000 lbs!
ways you can help:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St.) or any Can the Cats donation drop spot.
- Host a Food Drive!
- In 2018, our local Food Bank served 1 in 5 people in Missoula County. The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace.
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Click here to donate online now! Checks can be made out directly to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations accepted.
- Spread the Word!
- Follow us on Facebook. Share our posts & events. Invite your friends!
Calendar of Events
Beating the MSU Bobcats has never been more fun! Bring non-perishable food or cash donations to one of our many events listed below! 5 cans = FREE entry at the UM Adams Center Games on 11/14, 11/18 & 11/19! Enter to win fun, local raffle prizes by donating at a grocery store food drive! Join us for a beer or cider at Western Cider on Tuesdays and Kettlehouse Brewing on 11/13!
- Saturday, November 9th: CAN THE CATS BEGINS!
- Saturday, November 9th • 1 pm: Bring it to the game! Bring non-perishable food & cash donations to the home GRIZ game at Washington-Grizzly Stadium to help support the UM Food Pantry. Stuff the Mountain Line bus on the north side of the Van Buren footbridge.
- Monday, November 10th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Walmart on Mullan
- Tuesday, November 11th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Rosauers
- Tuesday, November 11th • 12 – 9 pm: Grateful Glass at Western Cider. Join in on a Settlers of Catan competition from 5:30-8:30pm for a chance to win a gift card to Muse Comics & Games!
- Tuesday, November 12th • 5 – 7 pm: Chamber Business After Hours at Clearwater Credit Union on Brooks
- Wednesday, November 13th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Missoula Fresh Market on Broadway
- Wednesday, November 13th • 5 – 8 pm: Kettlehouse UNite Pint Night (313 N 1st St W)
- Thursday, November 14th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Walmart on 93
- Thursday, November 14th • 7 pm: Lady GRIZ Volleyball game vs. Northern Arizona – 5 cans = FREE Admission!
- Friday, November 15th • 7 am – 7 pm: 12 Hour Grocery Store Food Drive at ALL Missoula Albertson’s locations with Townsquare Media!
- Friday, November 15th • 4 – 6 pm: Kids EmPower Pack Build at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center. Contact Ashlee Schleicher if you’re interested in volunteering!
- Saturday, November 16th • 1 pm: Bring it to the game! Bring non-perishable food & cash donations to the home GRIZ game at Washington-Grizzly Stadium to help support the UM Food Pantry.
- Saturday, November 16thb1 – 3 pm: Cranksgiving with Pedal Missoula
- Monday, November 18th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Southgate Mall
- Monday, November 18th • 7 pm: GRIZ Men’s Basketball game vs. Montana Tech – 5 cans = FREE Admission!
- Tuesday, November 19th • 11 am – 1 pm: Grocery Store Tabling at Missoula Fresh Market on Reserve
- Tuesday, November 19th: • 7 pm: Lady GRIZ Basketball game vs. Grand Canyon
- Wednesday, November 20th • 7:30am – 6pm: Stuff the Electric Bus at Clearwater Credit Union on Reserve
- Thursday, November 21st • 4 – 6 pm: Grocery Store Food Drive at Bob Wards near Southgate Mall
- Friday, November 22nd • 8 am – 4 pm: WEIGH IN DAY at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming Street)
- Friday, November 22nd • 4pm: Grocery Store Food Drive Raffle Drawing! Winners will be notified via phone or email.
- Saturday, November 23rd • 12 pm: Brawl of the Wild Football Game at MSU Bozeman.
- All donations for Can the Cats must be received and weighed before the end of the first quarter of the Brawl of the Wild Football Game. Bring all last minute donations to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center between 10-11am.
Donation Drop SPOTS
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Clearwater Credit Union – All Missoula Locations
- Albertson’s Grocery Stores – All Missoula Locations
- AAA Mountain West
- Adventure Cycling Association
- Anderson Zurmuehlen
- Apricot Lane Boutique – 20% off en item with every can donated!
- Berube Physical Therapy
- Big Sky High School
- Big Sky Underwriters
- Bob Wards Missoula
- Boone Karlberg P.C.
- Brio Fitness
- Cambium Place
- Canvas Studio – Saturday, Nov. 16th for a ONE DAY ONLY special promotion!
- The Clay Studio of Missoula
- Collective Elevation
- DoubleTree by Hilton – Missoula Edgewater
- First Interstate Bank
- Fraternal Order of the Eagles
- Fuel Fitness
- Glacier Sotheby’s International Realty
- The Green Light – 11/15-23: Bring 5 cans for 20% off!
- Health Options Clinic
- Horizon Credit Union – All Missoula Locations
- Karl Tyler Chevrolet
- Krieg Chiropractic Center
- Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
- Lithia Ford of Missoula
- Lucky’s Market Missoula
- The M Store – 10lbs of donations or more = 10% off a single item in store
- Missoula Broadcasting Company
- Missoula International School
- Missoula Fresh Markets – All Missoula Locations
- Mountain Broadcasting
- Murdoch’s Missoula: Matching every 1 lbs to $1, up to $1,000!
- Natural Health & Wellness
- Noons: Purchase a $1 pin-up at any Missoula Noon’s location
- PureWest Real Estate
- Rattlesnake Elementary
- The Sawyer
- Sentinel Kiwanis
- Southgate Mall
- spectrUM Discovery Area: $1 discount per person at spectrUM’s Discovery Museum with non-perishable donation.
- St. Anthony Parish
- Stewart Title of Missoula
- Stockman Bank – All Missoula Locations
- Sussex School
- Target Range
- The Peak – All Missoula Locations
- Thrivent Financial
- Veteran’s Affairs – Missoula Call Center
- Walmart – All Missoula Locations
- WGM Group
- Whalen Tires
- Windermere Real Estate
- The Women’s Club
- YMCA Missoula
Donation DROP SPOTs at University of Montana:
- Office of the President
- Office of the Executive Vice President & Provost
- Adams Center
- The Corner Store
- The Market
- McGill Hall
- Montana Alumni Association – Brantly Hall
- UM Foundation
- Provost Office – Main Hall
- The Law School
- College of Business
- Curry Health Center
- Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- UM Fraternity & Sorority Door-to-Door Food Drive
- W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation
- Office for Student Success – Undergraduate Advising Center
- UM Honors Student Association at Davidson Honors College
Download & share the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- Donation Bin Sign 8.5″ x 11″
- Donation Bin Sign 11″ x 17″
- White Donate Here + Website 8.5″ x 11″
- White Donate Here + Website 11″ x 17″
Thank you to our partners!
Souper Bowl Kicker
Thank you to our Grocery Store Food Drive Raffle Sponsors for these amazing prizes!
Donate food or funds during a 2019 Can the Cats Grocery Store Food Drive for a chance to enter our raffle with fun prizes from the following raffle sponsors:
- Grizzle Sports Properties: Signed GRIZ Jersey
- Harlequin Organic Produce: 100 lbs of local, organic storage produce
- The Women’s Club: 1 Month Guest Membership
- Big Sky Breakout: 4 passes and a sweet t-shirt
- WestSlope Chapter of Trout Unlimited: Hat, sweatshirt, t-shirt, 2 can cozies, fly box & 1 fly fishing lesson
- Dog & Bicycle Bakery & Cafe: $20 Gift Certificate, t’shirt, coffee mug
- Gibson Mansion Bed & Breakfast: $140 Gift Certificate
- Windermere SUP Cup: Free Registration to the 2020 Windermere SUP Cup
- The Source Health Club: 1 Month Membership for any new member, waived sign up fee, cafe coupon, coffee cup & headphones
Questions? Looking to get involved? Contact Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Events & Marketing Coordinator Amanda Ceaser at email@example.com or 406.549.0543, ext. 214.
Thank you for helping us nourish our community!