THANK YOU GRIZ NATION!!
Thank you, GRIZ NATION!! We are SO overwhelmed by the generosity of our community!! Although we did not win this year, we are incredibly grateful to everyone that helped stock the shelves at our local Food Bank with a total of 404,897 lbs of food and funds – a new record! Super congrats to our Can the Griz friends in Bozeman who took back the win with a whopping total of 448,720 for the Gallatin Valley Food Bank! Amazing work!! Special thanks to Missoula Federal Credit Union and our local Albertsons stores for their help getting us to a new record! Best news of all is that everyone wins in helping to nourish our friends & neighbors in our community and state.
Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
November 3 – 17, 2018
GRIZZLY GOAL: 406,000 LBS
#406K #montanastrong #catsoup #canthecats
—–>>>>> THANK YOU <<<<<—–
The annual Can the Cats / Can the Griz Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field competition between UM and the Missoula community and MSU and the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds over the two week period leading up to the Brawl of the Wild football game. All food donations collected in the Missoula area during this two week food drive competition stays local and helps stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center.
In 2017, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 394,078 lbs of food/funds for our local Food Bank! The Griz won! This was the closest competition in Can the Cats/Griz history and we are excited for another win in 2018.
3 ways you can help Can the MSU Bobcats:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St.) or any Can the Cats donation drop location (coming soon).
- Host a Food Drive!
- In 2017, our local Food Bank served 1 in 5 people in Missoula County. The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- Spread the Word!
- Follow us on Facebook. Share our posts & events.
Calendar of Events
- Thursday, Nov. 1st: Table Like a Pro! | 4 – 5 pm | UM’s UC, Room 225
- Saturday, Nov. 3rd: Away Game Collection Day: GRIZ vs. S. Utah | Press Box & Paradise Falls
- Wednesday, Nov. 7th: Noodles & Company Fundraiser | 4 – 9 pm | Mention Missoula Food Bank & Community Center so our local Food Bank receives 30% of your evening’s purchase.
- Friday, Nov. 9th: Stuff the Trolley at MFCU | 4 – 6 pm | Missoula Federal Credit Union (3600 Brooks St.)
- Saturday, Nov. 10th: Away Game Collection Day: Griz vs. Idaho | Press Box & Paradise Falls
- Sunday, Nov. 11th: Cranksgiving with Pedal Missoula | Hop on your bicycle for a local food drive collection ride
- Monday, Nov. 12th: Griz Basketball vs. MT Tech | 7 pm | UM Adams Center | 5 cans = Free General Admission
- Tuesday, Nov. 13th: Painting with a Purpose | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | Painting with a Twist (2100 Stephens)
- Wednesday, Nov. 14th: Kettlehouse UNite Pint Night | 5 – 8 pm | $1 of every pint purchased benefits our local Food Bank!
- Thursday, Nov. 15th: MOD Pizza Fundraiser | 10:30 am – 10 pm | Show a printed or digital version of the event flyer so our local Food Bank receives 20% of your evening’s purchase.
- Thursday, Nov. 15th: Lady Griz Volleyball vs. Weber State | 7 pm | UM Adams Center | 5 cans = Free General Admission
- Friday, Nov. 16th: WEIGH IN DAY! | 8 am – 3 pm | Bring all food donations to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center today to count for Can the Cats!
- Saturday, Nov. 17th: Brawl of the Wild! Bring it to the home game at UM! This is the last chance to help can the MSU Bobcats. Donations will be collected at all entrances to the game today. Final totals will be counted and announced at halftime.
Donation Drop Locations
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center
- Missoula Federal Credit Union – Missoula Locations
- Albertson’s Grocery Stores – Missoula Locations
- Windermere – 2800 S. Reserve
- YMCA – 3000 S. Russell
- Missoula Broadcasting Company – 2425 W. Central Ave, Ste 203: 5 cans = chance to win 2 tix to Griz/Cat game on Nov. 17th!
- Stewart Title – 320 W. Boardway, Ste. A
- PureWest Real Estate – 101 Railroad St. W.
- The Dram Shop – 229 E. Front St.: Receive $1 off your first drink with a non-perishable donation!
- spectrUM Discovery Area – 101 Railroad St. W.
- ATG – 216 W. Main & 350 Ryman
- Brookdale Missoula Valley – 3620 American Way
- Russell Elementary School – 3216 Russell St.
- PetSmart – 2850 N. Reserve St.: Receive 10% off grooming services with a donation!
- Big Sky High School – 3100 S. Ave. W.
- Break Espresso – 432 N. Higgins Ave.
- Glacier Sotheby’s Real Estate – 434 N. Higgins
- Brio Fitness – 945 Wyoming Street
- Murdoch’s Missoula – 2801 W Broadway Street: Murdoch’s will match every pound for $1 up to $1,000!
- Horizon Credit Union – All Missoula Branches
- Karl Tyler Chevrolet – 3663 N Reserve St
- The Peak Missoula – All locations: 3 cans = 1 free group fitness class / 10 cans = 1 free guest day pass
- First Interstate Bank – 101 E. Front St
- LumenAd – 111 N. Higgins
- The Montana Scene – 101 E. Broadway St
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties – 1020 South Ave. W.
- ClassPass – 125 Bank St. Ste. 2
- Hi-Noon Gas Stations – Missoula locations: Purchase a $1 pin-up! $1 = 1 lb!
Donations Stations at University of Montana:
- Adams Center
- The Corner Store
- The Market in the UC
- The Source in the UC
- McGill Hall
- Alumni Association – Brantly Hall
- UM Foundation
- Provost Office – Main Hall
Download, share and utilize the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- Donation Bin Sign 8.5″ x 11″
- Donation Bin Sign 11″ x 17″
- White Donate Here + Website 8.5″ x 11″
- White Donate Here + Website 11″ x 17″
- Donate Here + Logos 11″ x 17″
- 3 Ways You Can Help Flyer
Thank you to our partners!