There are a variety of ways that you can donate food to Missoula Food Bank. Your generous food donations supplement our food budget and assure that we have a wide variety of nutritious choices on our shelves.
Individuals may donate by bringing food directly to Missoula Food Bank. If you are bringing a sizeable amount, please pull through our alley to drop off food at our back garage door. Drop off hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday from 8:00am to 7:00pm, and
- Wednesday & Friday from 8am-3pm.
Organize an Independent Food Drive Today!
Get your neighborhood, workplace, church or civic group together and multiply your efforts! Take a look at our Food Drive Toolkit for a wealth of great ideas, or come up with your own! We will be happy to work with you to assist in providing any support or guidance you might need. If this is something you are interested in, please contact our Food Drives Coordinator with questions or ideas!
Missoula Food Bank needs these nutritious foods:
- Canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon)
- Canned and boxed meals (i.e., soup, chili, stew, macaroni and cheese)
- Canned or dried beans and peas (i.e., black, pinto, lentils)
- Pasta, rice, cereal
- Canned fruits
In order to ensure food safety, Missoula Food Bank CANNOT accept:
- Homemade items
- Noncommercial canned or packaged items
- Alcoholic beverages or drink mixes
- Open or used items
- Rusty or unlabeled cans.
Missoula Food Bank welcomes perishable items! Please note the following information when donating perishables.
- Perishable items such as dairy and meat may be dnated as long as they have been properly refrigerated or frozen.
- Missoula Food Bank can also accept donations of game meat if processed professionally.
- Consider donating your fresh grown garden vegetables to Missoula Food Bank! We love fruits and veggies!
Your donations help feed people in need in the Missoula Community. Everyday, our staff and volunteers collect thousands of pounds of donated perishable, non-perishable and prepared food, along with personal care products from partner groceries and restaurants.