Our Food Circle & Fresh Food Rescue program accepts prepared, perishable food from commercial food establishments. Using sanitized containers, excess prepared food is collected at donor establishments by a driver trained in safe food handling. Donated food is briefly stored in our walk-in cooler until it is repacked into single serving meals. Meals are labeled and dated and immediately frozen for distribution.
- We helped save 59,759 LBS of prepared food from heading to the landfill
- In 2017, we helped save 51,529 LBS
- In 2018, we shared 19,034 LBS of food with other local organizations such as The Poverello Center, Share House, the Agricultural Education Program at MCPS, the Salvation Army, and Clark Fork City Church.
Our Grocery Rescue program partners with local grocery stores to accept food that would otherwise be set aside for the landfill. Instead, this food is hand sorted for freshness and expiration dates, by food bank volunteers, to help stock our food bank shelves.
- We helped save 1,259,967 LBS of grocery store food from heading to the landfill
- 1,034,457 LBS were perishable
- 225,510 LBS were non-perishable
- In 2017, we helped save 757,133 LBS
Food Circle & Fresh Food Rescue Partners
- Albertsons – Eastgate Shopping Center
- Albertsons – Trempers Shopping Center
- Bernice’s Bakery
- Caffe Dolce
- China Buffet
- Community Medical Center
- Einstein Bagels
- Good Food Store
- Great Harvest Bread Co.
- Ina’s Indian Tacos
- Le Petit Outre
- Missoula Fresh Market – Broadway
- Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
- Orange Street Food Farm
- Pizza Hut – Brooks Street, Reserve Street, and UM Campus
- Polka Dot Patties
- Rosauers Supermarket
- Sa Wa Dee
- St. Patrick Hospital
- Two Sisters Catering
- University of Montana – Catering
- University of Montana – Corner Store
- University of Montana – Dining Services
- University of Montana – Food Court
- University of Montana – Think Thank
- Walmart – Highway 93
- Wheat Montana
Are you a local business interested in participating in Food Circle?
Contact Operations Director Kelli Hess at email@example.com or 406.549.0543, ext. 108.
View sponsorship opportunities for our Food Circle & Grocery Rescue programs here.