Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
Saturday, November 5 – Saturday, November 19, 2022
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Donation Drop Off Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am – 7pm
Wednesday, Friday: 8am – 1pm
Please drop off donations at our back alley donation door.
Now in our 23rd year, the annual Can the Cats Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field food drive competition between UM & the Missoula community and MSU & the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds for our local communities. All donations collected in the Missoula area during this two-week food drive competition stay local and help stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center and the University of Montana Food Pantry.
Our local Food Bank is serving more people than ever before and many families are utilizing our emergency food services for the very first time. Now, more than ever before, we are counting on our community to put food on the tables of the 1 in 4 poeple in Missoula County utilizing emergency food services, our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity, and out-raise the Bobcats in this important food drive competition.
In 2021, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 583,622.17 collective food & funds for our local Food Bank! Help us nourish our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity in our community this year and help us CAN the MSU Bobcats off the field!
ways you can help:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donations door at 1720 Wyoming St. or any Can the Cats donation drop spot listed below between November 5-19, 2022.
- Host a Food Drive!
- The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace.
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Donate online between November 6-20, 2021! Checks can be made out to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations also accepted.
- Spread the Word!
Calendar of Events
- Saturday, November 5th: CAN THE CATS KICK OFF!
- Friday, November 18th: WEIGH IN DAY • 8:00 am – 3:00 pm at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donation door (1720 Wyoming Street)
- Please bring all donations to the back alley donation door at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St) between 8am and 6pm. If you are a business or organization dropping off donations, please give us a heads up as to what time you plan to arrive: bit.ly/WeighInDay
- Saturday, November 19th: Brawl of the Wild Presented by Town Pump • MSU
Donation Drop SPOTS
Community Drop Spots
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- EmPower Place – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Albertson’s – All Missoula Locations
- Clearwater Credit Union – All Missoula locations
- Rosauers – 2350 S Reserve St
- Walmart – 3555 Mullan Rd.
- First Interstate Bank – All Missoula locations
- Peak Performance Physical Therapy – 1940 Harve Ave. Suite 2
- Morrison-Maierle Inc. – 1055 Mount Ave.
- Unleashed Doggy Daycare – 2118 S. Reserve St.
- Missoula Bone and Joint – 2360 Mullan Rd. Suite D
- Murdoch’s – Missoula and Hamilton
- WINCO Foods – 2510 S. Reserve St.
- PEAK Health and Wellness – All Missoula locations
- Clay Studio of Missoula – 1106 Hawthorne St.
- CS Porter Middle School – 2510 W. Central Ave.
- Residence Inn Missoula Downtown – 125 N. Pattee St.
- AC Hotel Missoula Downtown – 175 N. Pattee St.
- Windermere Real Estate – 2800 S Reserve St.
- ERA Lambros Community Foundation – 3011 American Way
- Lumenad / Pathlabs – 111 N. Higgins Ave., Ste 500
- DoubleTree by Hilton and FINN – 100 Madison St.
- WGM Group – 1111 E. Broadway St.
- PureWest Christie’s Real Estate – 101 Railroad Street West
- Missoula YMCA – 3000 S. Russell St.
- Glacier Sotheby’s International Realty – 434 N. Higgins
- Old Sawmill District – 945 Wyoming St., Suite 120
- Chief Charlo Elementary PTO – 5600 Longview Drive
- Missoula Public Library – 455 E Main Street
- Runway Fashion Exchange – 3121 Brooks street
- Athleta in Southgate Mall – 2901 Brooks space C8
- Missoula Broadcasting Company – 2620 Radio Way, Suite B
- Skin Chic in Southgate Mall – 2901 Brooks St.
- Missoula Organization of Realtors – 724 Burlington Ave.
- Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air – 5225 US Highway 10 W.
- Sentinel Highschool – 901 South Ave. W.
- Straight 6 Archery – 1200 S Reserve St. Suite A
- Anderson ZurMuehlen & Co PC
- Boone Karlberg P.C. – 201 W. Main St. Suite 300
- Great Burn Brewing – 2230 McDonald Ave
- HDR – 700 SW Higgins Ave Suite 200
- Garlington, Lohn & Robinson, PLLP – 350 Ryman Street
- Fuel Fitness – 1934 Brooks St.
- Vibrant Hearing – 317 S. Orange St.
- HypeHouse Studio – 140 N Higgins St. Suite 103
University of Montana Drop Spots
- UM Food Pantry
- Mansfield Library
- 1st Floor University Center Atrium
- University Center Game Room (Esports Hub)
- Branch Center
- Residence Hall Lobbies
- Office of the President / Main Hall
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- Missoula College
- McGill Hall
- Alumni Association – 105 Brantly Hall
- University Center Gallery
- Curry Health Center – 634 Eddy Ave
- College of Humanities and Sciences
- University Center Game Room (eSports Hub)
- Iron Griz
- The Market
- Food Zoo
- Food Court
- Rise + Rooted
- Think Tank
- UM Bookstore
Download & share the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- 2022 CTC Poster 8.5×11
- 2022 CTC Donate here most needed items 8.5×11 Poster
- 2022 Donate Here 8.5×11
Thank you to our partners!
Questions? Looking to get involved? Contact Missoula Food Bank & Community Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406.541.0768.
Thank you for helping us nourish our community!