2020 GRIZ TOTAL: 671,707.90 LBS & $$$
2020 BOBCAT TOTAL: 403,185 LBS & $$$
1,074,892.90 for our communities
Help CAN the MSU Bobcats in this friendly, off-field food drive competition!
Saturday, November 6 – Saturday, November 20, 2021
Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Donation Drop Off Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8am – 7pm
Wednesday, Friday: 8am – 1pm
Please drop off donations at our back alley donation door.
Now in our 22nd year, the annual Can the Cats Canned Food Drive is a friendly, off-field food drive competition between UM & the Missoula community and MSU & the Bozeman Community to see who can raise the most food & funds for our local communities. All donations collected in the Missoula area during this two-week food drive competition stay local and help stock the shelves at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center and the University of Montana Food Pantry.
Our local Food Bank is serving more people than ever before and many families are utilizing our emergency food services for the very first time. Now, more than ever before, we are counting on our community to put food on the tables of the 1 in 4 poeple in Missoula County utilizing emergency food services, our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity, and out-raise the Bobcats in this important food drive competition.
In 2020, the Missoula community raised a grand total of 671,707.90 collective food & funds for our local Food Bank! Help us nourish our friends & neighbors experiencing food insecurity in our community this year and help us CAN the MSU Bobcats off the field!
ways you can help:
- Fill a bag!
- Drop off donations at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donations door at 1720 Wyoming St. or any Can the Cats donation drop spot listed below between November 6-20, 2021.
- Host a Food Drive!
- The need for emergency food assistance is growing in our community. Help us keep pace.
- Click here to register your food drive today!
- $1 = 1 lb and every donation counts during this two-week drive. Click here to donate online now! Checks can be made out to Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (or Missoula Food Bank) and mailed or delivered to us at 1720 Wyoming St, Missoula, MT 59801. Cash donations also accepted.
- Spread the Word!
Calendar of Events
More info coming soon!
- Saturday, November 6th: CAN THE CATS KICK OFF!
- Friday, November 19th • 8 am – 3:00 pm: WEIGH IN DAY at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center’s back alley donation door (1720 Wyoming Street)
- Please bring all donations to the back alley donation door at Missoula Food Bank & Community Center (1720 Wyoming St) between 8am and 3pm. If you are a business or organization dropping off donations, please give us a heads up as to what time you plan to arrive by signing up for a time athttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/805094ea5a92aa7f49-weigh.
- Saturday, November 20th • Time TBD: Brawl of the Wild at Washington-Grizzly Stadium at University of Montana
2020 Donation Drop SPOTS
Community Drop Spots
- Missoula Food Bank & Community Center – 1720 Wyoming St.
- Albertson’s – All Missoula Locations
- Clearwater Credit Union
- Clearwater is offering their members an exciting $10,000 donation match! Give them a call at 406-523-3300 to make a donation from your Clearwater account for Missoula Food Bank & Community Center during the contest period (Nov. 6-20, 2020), and they’ll match donations from their members up to $10,000! Members can also make donations in person at any of their branches, but please note that branch lobbies remain closed and by appointment only due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- The Peak Health & Wellness – All Missoula Locations
- Missoula Organization of REALTORS
- Residence Inn Missoula Downtown
- Missoula YMCA
- Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air at the Missoula International Airport
- Athleta at Southgate Mall
- CS Porter Middle School
- Community members can drop off donations T-F from 8am-3pm in the main entrance’s vestibule.
- Horizon Credit Union – All Missoula Locations
- Boone Karlberg, P.C.
- Dram Shop Downtown & Central
- PureWest Christie’s Real Estate
- Karl Tyler Chevrolet
- Brio Fitness
- Old Sawmill District
- WGM Group
- Stockman Bank – All Missoula Locations
- Target Range School
- PEAK Health and Wellness
- Southgate Mall
- Apricot Lane Boutique at Southgate Mall
- The Missoulian
University of Montana Drop Spots
- UM Food Pantry
- 1st Floor University Center Atrium
- University Center Game Room (Esports Hub)
- Branch Center
- Residence Hall Lobbies
- Office of the President / Main Hall
- UM Bookstore
- The Alexander Blewett III School of Law
- Missoula College
- University Center Game Room (eSports Hub)
- Iron Griz
- The Market
- Food Zoo
- Food Court
- Rise + Rooted
- Think Tank
- UM Bookstore
Download & share the following marketing materials to boost your food drive and spread the word!
- Can the Cats Logo – Color PNG File
- Can the Cats Logo – Black & White PNG File
- 8.5×11″ CTC 2020 Poster
- 8.5×11″ Donate Here Sign
Thank you to our 2020 partners!
Questions? Looking to get involved? Contact Missoula Food Bank & Community Center Events & Marketing Coordinator Amanda Ceaser at email@example.com or 406.549.0543, ext. 214.
Thank you for helping us nourish our community!