Montana House Bill 228 – Paid Family and MEdical Leave Insurance
- Could you benefit from Double SNAP Dollars?
- Do you use your SNAP dollars at the Farmers Market?
- We want to hear your story!
- Montana House Bill 228 or Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance, will provide extra funds for workers that need to take time off to care for themselves and their loved ones.
- Hearing date 2/1/21
Essential goals of the House Bill
The Montana Family and Medical Leave Insurance Act (the FAMLI Act) would pool small contributions from employees and employers to create a dedicated funding stream for workers when they need time off to care for themselves or a loved one. From these small contributions, representing less than half of 1 percent of wages, eligible workers would receive a portion of their wages while on leave.
SHARE YOUR STORY
Let us help make sure your voice is heard! We need your help sharing stories of families and individuals in Missoula County that benefit from this change. Help make this change by submitting written testimony or by testifying via Zoom to the committee by Wednesday, February 3, 2021. (date subject to change)
What is a testimony and what would I have to say?
This is an opportunity to tell your story and how the outcome of this bill will affect you and your community. You will be able to talk directly to the people that make the final decisions concerning the needs of your family and our community. You can do this in a variety of ways: in person, via ZOOM, and written.
How to testify and share your story
- VISIT leg.mt.gov/session/have-your-say/
- Click on “Request To Testify Remotely/Upload Your Testimony”
Need equipment to testify?
- VISIT montech.ruralinstitute.umt.edu/ for free equipment rentals