Montana House Bill 235 – Double SNAP
- Could you benefit from Double SNAP Dollars?
- Do you use your SNAP dollars at the Farmers Market?
- We want to hear your story!
- Montana House Bill 235 or Double SNAP, will help all our Montana neighbors buy and sell fresh, local fruits and vegetables.
- Hearing date 2/3/21
Essential goals of the House Bill
If passed, this bill will allow for people to use their SNAP dollars at farmers’ markets and other local fresh food producers around Montana. This means that both our local farmers and neighbors using SNAP will benefit. Our neighbors will be able to buy fresh and local fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products. This is currently available in Missoula County, if this bill is passed, this opportunity will be available around the entire state!
SHARE YOUR STORY
Let us help make sure your voice is heard! We need your help sharing stories of families and individuals in Missoula County that benefit from this change. Help make this change by submitting written testimony or by testifying via Zoom to the committee by Wednesday, February 3, 2021. (date subject to change)
What is a testimony and what would I have to say?
This is an opportunity to tell your story and how the outcome of this bill will affect you and your community. You will be able to talk directly to the people that make the final decisions concerning the needs of your family and our community. You can do this in a variety of ways: in person, via ZOOM, and written.
How to testify and share your story
- VISIT leg.mt.gov/session/have-your-say/
- Click on “Request To Testify Remotely/Upload Your Testimony”
Need equipment to testify?
- VISIT montech.ruralinstitute.umt.edu/ for free equipment rentals